Monday, September 05, 2005

Labouring on Labour Day

Yesterday I finally sat down and typed out that scene in my second novel that I've been sitting on for a while. It ran a good length and I moved onto the very next scene, a bit of an expository piece to explain the previous scene, and then I quit with it dangling. It's good practice to leave off in the middle of a scene and leave yourself a couple of notes. Then when you come back you know what you have to do and you're not left staring at a blank page wondering what to do.

To the best of my knowledge I don't know if I will ever have what I think is traditional writer's block. You, know, where they open the word processor and stare at the blinking cursor and get no where. I don't think that will ever be me. I may on the other hand get project block where I stare at a particular piece of work and can't get anything for it to come to mind. Otherwise, I always seem to have something I could write. Ultimately, the results may be the same financially, whether you write nothing at all or you write lots but never finish anything.

At the minimum I seem to always be working on something. They may not be the things I should be working on *cough cough games*, they may not be the length or style I maybe should have a particular piece of work, but they are all worth the effort. I don't think there is anything that can't be put to use somewhere even if it takes years, and maybe a re-write. So I plug along, never ceasing it seems. They say there is no rest for the wicked. I therefore must be so awfully wicked.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Currency Trading Information said...

Your blog is great If you're interested in investing, I'm sure you'd be interested in converter currency exchange foreign rate start converter currency exchange foreign rate

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home