Friday, April 28, 2006

Emerging from the Dark Past

I am done with the vintage Killing Time - Horror E-Rag™ articles. You've seen them all. The third year of the publication I was suffering article burnout with writing three of them for each and every issue. In that positions' place was my first series of horror poetry. This isn't the kind of blog for them, so you're stuck with my personal ramblings again. As I promised before embarking on the article reprints I am going to try to keep the blog shorter. I will try to keep each to one particular topic. Maybe even in a bit I will pick up the pace a touch on how often I post. So...

I guess it's about time for an update on everything. I have two short stories out to publishers in the US, and one flash fiction story out to a publisher in Australia. I have one more short story looking for a home for it, but as yet have not found a place for it. This last one has been out once and left bereft of print; it's a matter of being a little more focused audience-wise. I still have not found a proper place to send my horror poetry to. I've been told to target the higher-end publications that will appreciate the layers and complexity of the full breadth of the poems' imagery and themes. This coming from someone who should know.

On the writing front... I stopped work on one story because I was drawn to the continuation of the Sun Cycle story-line. I set that aside because I was distracted yet again--this time by ideas for the book about the paranormal investigators. As far as it goes, I completed one investigation/chapter, and jumped head long into another one, not the following one, but the one after that. I just hope I don't have to do too much editing when I finish the previous one later. I never know when I'm going to have to do something in the story that will change something later on.

I also have a huge urge, building itself up to some level of panic, to work on what was supposed to be my second novel. Until next time...

Mood: bittersweet.
Music: Rockin' the Paradise by Styx and Belly of the Beast by Anthrax.

Styx: Paradise Theatre
Buy these at Amazon.ca
Click Images to Buy
Anthrax: Persistence of Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home