Monday, October 22, 2007

13 Nights of Halloween:
Night #4 Hellraiser: Inferno

Tonight's movie is one that totally blew my socks off. "Hellraiser:
Hellraiser: InfernoInferno" is the fifth film in the Hellraiser franchise following on the heels of Bloodlines. Sequels can be mixed bags. Some people hate them with a passion. Many say that they never live up to the original. I am not one to dismiss sequels, and many of them I like. It is true that few sequels ever compare to the greatness of the first. For that reason you have to look at them as separately as you possibly can, especially watching them for the first time. Inferno is one movie where I must boldly say that I like it almost as much as the first one.

I'd also go a step further and say that to me, visually, I feel this sequel is truer to The Hellbound Heart than the original movie. That's a funny thing to say given that Clive Barker was the scriptwriter and director on the first film. Still I stand by it, and as I specified I mean visually. Inferno has the truest of the Cenobites in it. It also has The Engineer in a much more specific form than that creature that some claim was him in the original. As for the rest of Inferno? Well I couldn't shake the feeling by the end of it that it is maybe one of the most disturbing movies I've seen. It has the excellent mix of seen and unseen, lets you imagine your worst and then shows you the special effects' team's worst, which is their best. So what are you waiting for? If you don't have a copy of this to watch tonight get on it.

Mood: excited.
Music: Haunted by Poe.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home