Thursday, June 15, 2006

We All Have to Make Our Sacrifices

First off let me start by saying that I can't believe I don't have a review up for it already. I was watching “The Mangler” the other night, love that movie, even the excessive screaming in the one part didn't bother this time. I still have to shake my head at why there is so much negative publicity for that movie. I don't understand it one bit. Anyway, it got me thinking on the track of sacrifices, a topic that is somehow close my heart even aside from the reason why I'm here talking about it today.

Why am I talking about it today? I was thinking about how if I weren't working hard and diligently at becoming a traditionally published author, that I might just have a lot more to talk about with some of the amazing story ideas that I'm dying to work on. I could go on and on about them, and maybe I could if it weren't for the strong hand of paranoia on my shoulder--you know the kind backed by way too much hard evidence. Of course just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.

*Sings* Baby's got a locomotive... baby's gone off the track... *Ahem*

Last night I was watching “The Dead Zone”, the movie, not the series which I didn't bother to watch because no channel close enough to receive worth beans bothered to air it. Again the idea of sacrifice comes up. This is more of the type I'm thinking of here today. What if you could do something and save people, but the thing you did wasn't morally right? Of course that's one avenue I want to travel, though admittedly perhaps tangentially. The other one, is what if by doing a right thing you actually ended up doing more harm, lives saved or not? Would you still do it? Something to ponder.

Mood: maudlin.
Music: Judgement of Heaven by Iron Maiden and Wasting My Hate by Metallica.

Iron Maiden: The X-Factor
Buy these at Amazon.ca
Click Images to Buy
Metallica: Load

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home