Thursday, October 25, 2007

13 Nights of Halloween:
Night #7: Hellraiser: Deader

Tonight we come around a bit of a circle and have a movie that
Hellraiser: Deaderfollows one from a previous night. Tonight's movie is "Hellraiser: Deader" the seventh in the Hellraiser franchise. That's right, I'm skipping the sixth, though I by no means wish to knock that one--it's called Hellseeker. In a really nice change-up we have Pinhead Does Europe. Now that I think about it, I can't say where the other films would be placed geographically. They could have been in Britain, though that could still put this one in Europe proper since Deader starts in London and moves to Romania--in the movie.

One of the high points in horror movies for me and a definite motivator in praise of these films has to be what I call "nightmare moments". These moments are something straight out of a nightmare, or in some cases even better than a nightmare. Deader has a couple of these moments. I just had to sit there shaking my head going wow, now that is just wild, that is something right straight out of someone's worst nightmare. Aside from these moments, how does Deader compare to say Inferno, or the first movie? Well it has all the right spirit. It has the same kind of is this moment real and how real sensibility we saw in Inferno and Hellseeker. At the same time it is also what I could call canon, or in line with the original movie.

Mood: antsy.
Music: Welcome To My Nightmare by Alice Cooper.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home