Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Mask is Empty

I'm almost temped not to write this, or post this, or perhaps even acknowledge it, and maybe I won't post it, maybe it will just sit on my computer, never to be seen. It's not about horror, though I feel horrified about it. I'm tempted to change the title too, but maybe it is a bit of a good thing. I don't know what I'm talking about maybe. I should just get on with it. I hope this isn't going to lessen anyone's holiday happiness. I'm just going to post what someone else wrote, leave the URL to my source, and let things fall where they may...




Dec 11, 6:58 AM EST

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- The death last month of Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for the 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been ruled an accidental cocaine overdose. Clark County coroner spokeswoman Samantha Charles confirmed the cause Monday after toxicology results were received Monday.

Dubrow was found dead Nov. 25 at his Las Vegas home. He was 52.

Source: Oakland Tribune. More info available on that URL.




I just don't know what else to say. This is just so terribly upsetting. So I'll end by saying it doesn't matter to me what happened or why. Kevin, we love you, and you'll be sorely missed.

When all is said, all is done
Still I live and carry on
Don't look back, but think of me
We'll meet again, Fly away, Oh-Oh
--- Quiet Riot -- Thunderbird ---

P.S. People might want to also check out this forum posting with further information and the condolences of some pretty cool people.
Full in Bloom Music Forum.